We Are Hiring A Lead Integration Engineer!
Job Title: Lead Integration Engineer
Salary Range: €70k - €100k (Depending on Location and Experience)
Reporting to: Mitchell O’Gorman (CEO)
Contract Period: Fulltime Permanent
About xWave Technologies
xWave Technologies is an Irish start-up that is on a mission to save lives by ensuring that patients get the best test first. Started by a group of leading Irish radiologists in 2020, xWave develops smart health platforms that improve patient outcomes and deliver efficiencies for health systems.
xWave have recently released our smart radiology referral platform, xWave CDS, which uses evidence-based guidance to support clinicians to select the best test for their patients.
As we roll out our xWave CDS platform across Ireland, Europe and UK in the coming years; we will be focussed on continually improving the xWave CDS platform and applying AI and machine learning technologies to our data resources in order to make personalised and predictive healthcare a reality.
About The Role:
This is an exciting opportunity to join and support the growth of xWave Technologies. The Integration Engineer role requires a mix of health systems integration planning and software engineering and will be integral to the continued development of xWave’s applications.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
● Design and implement data integration solutions to connect disparate systems and applications.
● Develop and maintain integration processes, including the creation of API specifications, data mapping, and transformation rules.
● Ensure that integration solutions are scalable, maintainable, and meet performance and security requirements.
● Work closely with software engineering and QA teams to architect, design and develop enhancements to our interoperability platform
● Work with key external stakeholders, including third-party health systems vendors, to deliver world-class integration solutions based on a clinical and technical understanding of the issues
● Provide input to all phases of technical design, planning, development, testing, deployment and system integration
● Ensure that technical design, development, and implementation deliver on our agreed roadmap and business needs
● Develop and maintain integration documentation and specifications
● Provide thought leadership in identifying and addressing emerging health trends and opportunities as they relate to the achievement of xWave’s mission
● Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience
● Experience with API technologies & protocols such as RESTful APIs, JSON, XML, HTTP, OAuth, Swagger, OpenAPI
● Experience with both web and mobile applications
● Ability to translate requirements into detailed design and solution documents
● Ability to work collaboratively with healthcare providers, vendors, and internal stakeholders
● Comfortable with and eager to work through all points of the software development cycle; workshops, gathering requirements, high- and low-level documentation of designs and architectures, user story definition, backlog management, engineering, QA, and release management processes
● A track record of successfully delivering on deadlines.
● Strong written and oral communication skills
● Fluent English speaker. Additional languages a bonus
● Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
Nice To Have:
● Previous experience working within healthcare organisations, preferably leading integration projects
● Additional education and/or experience in public health, health services research, or related field.
● Strong understanding of healthcare standards, such as HL7, FHIR and DICOM
● Experience with healthcare integration engines such as Mirth Connect
● Experience with cloud-based technologies such as AWS
● Experience with healthcare systems and applications, such as PMS, EHR, PACS, and RIS.
Position: Full-time. Normal working hours are Monday through Friday 9.00 am to 5.30 pm however, business needs may require occasional work outside of these hours.
Timeline & Process: The role will begin with immediate effect. To apply for this role, please send your CV with a short cover letter (one page maximum) to email@example.com explaining why you think you are suitable for the role.