We Are Hiring An Integration Engineer!
Job Title: Integration Engineer
Location: Remote (EU)
Salary Range: Depending on Experience
Reporting to: Mitchell O’Gorman (CEO)
Contract Period: Fulltime Permanent
About xWave Technologies
xWave Technologies is an Irish start-up that is on a mission to save lives by ensuring that patients get the best test first. Started by a group of leading Irish radiologists in 2020, xWave develops smart health platforms that improve patient outcomes and deliver efficiencies for health systems. xWave have recently released our smart radiology referral platform, xRefer, which uses evidence-based guidance to support clinicians to select the best test for their patients.
As we roll out our xRefer platform across Ireland, Europe and UK in the coming years; we will be focussed on continually improving the xRefer platform and applying AI and machine learning technologies to our data resources in order to make personalised and predictive healthcare a reality.
About The Role
This is an exciting opportunity to join and support the growth of xWave Technologies. The Integration Engineer role requires a mix of health systems integration planning and software engineering and will be integral to the continued development of xRefer and future platforms.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
● Work with key external stakeholders, including third-party health systems vendors, to deliver world-class integration solutions based on a clinical and technical understanding of the issues
● Serve as subject matter expert to support internal teams, including software engineering, QA and customer success teams, to integrate xWave’s platforms into external health systems such as radiology information systems (RIS) and electronic health records (EHR) or patient administration systems (PAS)
● Work closely with software engineering and QA teams to architect, design and develop enhancements to our interoperability platform
● Provide input to all phases of technical design, planning, development, testing, deployment and system integration
● Ensure that technical design, development, and implementation deliver on our agreed roadmap and business needs
● Provide thought leadership in identifying and addressing emerging health trends and opportunities as they relate to the achievement of xWave’s mission
● Minimum of 4 years engineering experience, 2 of which working within healthcare organisations, preferably leading integration projects
● Experience with health IT standards, especially HL7 (and preferably FHIR also), and in the implementation of standards in EHRs or other health IT systems
● Comfortable with and eager to work through all points of the software development cycle; workshops, gathering requirements, high- and low-level documentation of designs and architectures, user story definition, backlog management, engineering, QA, and release management processes
● Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across information technology experts and non-technical stakeholders, such as public health, research and health care subject matter experts
● Understanding of the healthcare industry, clinical roles, and government and private healthcare organizations.
● A track record of successfully delivering on deadlines.
● Strong written and oral communication skills
● Fluent English speaker. Additional languages a bonus
● Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
● Additional experience as a clinician in healthcare delivery, research, informatics, terminologies, clinical decision support, and/or health IT systems.
● Additional education and/or experience in public health, health services research, or related field.
Position: Full-time. Normal working hours are Monday through Friday 9.00 am to 5.30 pm however, business needs may require occasional work outside of these hours.
Timeline & Process: The role will begin with immediate effect. To apply for this role, please send your CV with a short cover letter (one-page maximum) to email@example.com explaining why you think you are suitable for the role.