We're hiring! QA Engineer wanted
Job Title: QA Engineer
Location: Ireland (Flexible)
Salary Range: €35,000-€40,000 per annum
Contract Period: Fulltime Permanent
About The Role:
This is a unique opportunity to join one of Europe’s most exciting digital health start-ups at an early stage. The QA Engineer role will be integral in our organisation and your expertise will be relied upon for the testing, design and continued development of xRefer and future platforms. We’re looking for a brilliant QA Engineer who has ambitions to further develop their skills and grow with us!
About xWave Technologies
xWave Technologies is an Irish start-up, founded by a group of leading radiologists, that develops smart health platforms that improve patient outcomes and deliver efficiencies for health systems.
Our first platform, xRefer, is Europe’s first Smart Radiology Referral Platform and has been developed in partnership with the world’s largest radiology group, the European Society of Radiology.
As we roll out our xRefer platform globally in the coming years, we will be focussed on applying AI and machine learning technologies to our data resources in order to improve health workflows.
xWave provides an engaging work environment and a culture of incorporating team member feedback into operational decisions. Working at xWave Technologies is an opportunity to feel good about where you work and the positive impact you are having on society. We are big on work-life balance and employee empowerment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
● Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
● Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
● Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
● Design, develop and execute automation scripts
● Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
● Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
● Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
● Liaise with internal teams to identify system requirements
● Monitor debugging process results
● Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
● Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
● Provide input to all phases of technical design, planning, development, testing, deployment and system integration.
● Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
● PHP 7+ web development
● Laravel or similar frameworks
● Flutter (desirable, but on the job training will be given)
● Object Oriented Programming
● Excellent communication skills that allow business requirements to be accurately reflected in the system architecture.
● 2+ years professional experience PHP development with popular web frameworks like Laravel.
● Some experiencing managing and deploying servers in cloud infrastructure environments.
● Extensive experience with data modelling and database design
● Ability to follow software development best practices within an agile framework
● Proven work experience in software quality assurance
● Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
● Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases
● Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
● Hands-on experience with automated testing tools, including Jira
● Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
● Degree in a relevant technical discipline or equivalent experience in the software development industry
● Comfortable with and eager to work through all points of the software development cycle; workshops, gathering requirements, high and low-level documentation of designs and architectures, user story definition, backlog management, engineering, QA, and release management processes
● Fluent English speaker. Additional languages a bonus
● Enjoy software development, want to enjoy your work, and have a desire to continually improve, solve problems and learn new domains, techniques, and approaches
Timeline & Process: The role will begin with immediate effect. To apply for this role, please send your CV with a short cover letter (one-page maximum) to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you think you are suitable for the role.